Rob Shelton, VP | BIC
My objective has always been to assist clients with achieving their lifestyle real estate goals through informed, sincere, and friendly service. Sotheby's International Realty is globally recognized with the highest quality of service and marketing. This connection allows us to think globally while selling locally and gives us the opportunity to give our clients a luxury service experience at all price points.
Summary of Qualifications
- Bachelor of Arts degree in Business Administration from the University of Washington, 1978
- Involved with the Kapalua and West Maui community since 1978
Kapalua Bay Hotel 1978-1993
- Joined the opening team in early September 1978 with RockResorts. Kapalua Bay Hotel officially opened October 12, 1978.
- Reservations, Relief Night Manager, Room Service Manager, Dining Room Manager, Maitre d ’Hotel, Manager of the award winning Plantation Veranda, Cost Controller, Director of Purchasing and Retail Operations.
Pacific Golf Development 1993-1995
- Served as Vice President for a Northwest Golf Development Company. Projects ranged from design, consulting, and permitting for several facilities in the Seattle, Olympic Peninsula, and Wenatchee areas.
Kapalua Land Company 1995-2012
- Golf Operations: Group and Tournament Coordinator/Golf Professional
- Executive Committee Member for various Kapalua PGA events.
- Club Manager, The Kapalua Club
- General Manager, The Kapalua Club & Villas
- Real Estate Sales and Marketing
Island Sotheby's International Realty West Maui Team 2012-present
- Joined the Island Sotheby’s International Realty West Maui Team in January 2012. Named Vice President and Broker in charge of our West Maui operations, March 2013. We have a dedicated group of goal-oriented professionals who really care about each other and our clients.
- Mahalo Award winner, Kapalua Bay Hotel
- Aloha Award winner, Kapalua Land Company
- Mea Paani Keonimana Sportsmanship Award, 1996
- Hawaii Business Magazine top 100 Realtor Hall of Fame
- Recognized as being in the top three percent of Real Estate Professionals on Maui.
- 2011 Finalist for the Michael H. Lyons II Palaka Award for outstanding long-term volunteer service to non-profit organizations.
- Recognized by the County of Maui for outstanding community service, June 2011.
- Co-Founder of the Kapalua Clambake Pro-Am Invitational and committee member 1987 to present. The Clambake is an Aloha Section PGA sanctioned event played in June each year. Our beneficiaries include Maui Special Olympics and the Lahainaluna High School golf program.
- Founding Board member and past President, Lahainaluna High School Foundation 2000 to present. A recent project included a new multi purpose stadium for the school and community.
- Contributing writer to “Practicing Aloha” published in 2010.
- Eighteenth hole announcer for the Sentry Tournament of Champions
- Established The Shelton'Ohana renewable scholarship for a graduating Lahainaluna Senior.
- Established The Shelton 'Ohana Endowed Fund for Undergraduate Students at the Michael G. Foster School of Business at the University of Washington.
Personally, the greatest joy in my life is my family. Louisa and I were married in 1977 and have two children and three grandchildren. Our son Jeff and his wife Elena reside in Los Angeles, California, and our daughter Kelvie resides in Las Vegas Nevada. Kelvie has three children: Damien, Alana, and Andrea.
Golf, traveling, food and wine, the Arts, reading a good Clive Cussler novel, and following the Huskies, Mariners, and Seahawks.